Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring Walk

Back in February, I posted the pictures from my Winter Walk on the Huckleberry Trail. I also promised some spring time comparison pictures, and here they are! I love the history of this trail, of this whole area, with it's coal mining heritage. So much stop and read if you want, beautiful sites to see, or just a wonderful place to run and be at peace. I love this trail because every time I'm on it, I fall in love again! (Too cheesy?)
Walking towards my favorite bridge
Wood covered bridge















If you can't tell - there is still coal all over this trail




This is the same bridge from the winter walk picture. It's the halfway point on the Coal Miner's Loop





















You can probably see how this trail has helped me fall in love with running. And walking. And southwest Virginia. I hope wherever I move next I can find another trail to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment