Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie - bar?

"Have another nutter butter peanut butter sandwich cookie" - SING IT WITH ME!

I have the hardest time getting a good picture of food.

Found this recipe from Crazy for Crust. I found Crazy for Crust through a link party today LAST Saturday (I hate getting so busy that I don't finish things until more than a week later) and started browsing around until I found this little gem. Combining all sorts of deliciousness - brownies, Nutter Butter cookies and melted chocolate chips. Yum!

I'm not going to lie, we jumped to make these as soon as we saw them. I was supposed to be heading out of town, but this took priority. Literally as soon as L saw me looking at this we decided we would run to the store and get these done. Unfortunately they had to chill before eating them (of course I took one small piece before they were done). He was a good boyfriend and didn't touch them anymore until I got back in town. But once we started - oh they were delicious. Rich, thick, peanut buttery and fudgy (which apparently is not a real word, no matter if you put an 'e' before the y or not).


Nutter Butter Brownie Bars
1 Box of Brownie Mix
Eggs, oil and water (as per brownie mix)
25 Nutter Butter cookies
*1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
splash of heavy whipping cream

*The original recipe calls for 5 ounces of cream cheese but L hates cream cheese and won't eat it. So instead we substituted butter to make it more like a crust.

Make brownies as it says on the box. Make them in a square pan such as 9x9, don't make in a 9x13 as we did. That throws off the numbers for everything else.  Let them cool a bit.
Crush Nutter Butter cookies and combine with butter or cream cheese - whichever you are using.
Spread this over the brownies.
Melt (using a double boiler, preferably) chocolate chips. Add heavy whipping cream and mix together. Spread this over the nutter butter mix.
Let these cool in the fridge for a good while.
Slice up and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Fudgy is totally a word! (I'm getting spell checked too though.)

    Nutter Butters are one of my favorite things everrrr...I haven't had them in forever...might need to splurge. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think I'll put much faith in this spell checker - I am also told that 'buttercream' is not a word. Frustrating when that's half my labels!

      Delete