Monday, January 23, 2012

Okay Scratch That

So I know just yesterday (was that really 36 hours ago? It seems like yesterday morning was years ago) I said it wasn't going well, but today I've changed my mind. After snoozing for an hour (literally), I woke up and went to school. I taught my lessons and filled out a much needed travel request for the Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics conference at which I am presenting in about 3 weeks. We had DI practice until 5:30 and I got some tests graded. I had salad for lunch and soup for dinner. I spent about 23 minutes "judging" a MACC competition - which means I really did nothing but they gave me money anyway. AND STILL, after all that, I went to the gym! Not only did I make myself go, but I EXCEEDED my 3 mile goal! I did 3.2 miles, which to some of you might not be a big deal but to me it means the world. Instead of stopping at 3 miles I finished the full 5K distance. SO EXCITED! And surprisingly I am still quite alive and not in much pain. I had to power through the middle and between 2.75-3.00 miles but I did it. Finally got home around 8:30 and my first thought was to share this great news with you!
Actually, my first thought was to stretch my quads and hip flexors. My second thought was to share this with you. :)

Now I have to take advantage of this "warm" weather and spend the next couple of weeks running outside. This is what I am looking forward to:
In just two weeks I will be running my first 5K race and then doing a Polar Plunge at this very beach! Luckily, there's still time to sponsor me if you'd like - all the donations go to Special Olympics so you know it's a great cause!



1 comment:

  1. Yayyy! There is nothing like a successful run. So happy you feel better.

    And I am SO amazed you are doing a Polar Plunge!

    ReplyDelete