Saturday, August 11, 2012

Full Circle

Aaaand I've come full circle! I told my boss at Food Lion that I was quitting (jokingly) because I just made a 90th birthday cake, half sheet, with roses.


Well as it just so happened, this was the first cake I ever made at the store. I had to do it the day after I learned how to do roses, after just a few hours of cake decorating lessons. I was pretty happy with how it turned out:


I figured since I had come full circle, I should probably just quit.


If you didn't know, I've also started teaching cake decorating classes for Wilton. Here is the cake I made with the Course 1: Basics class. I taught them to level cakes, fill, ice, and transfer a picture. I did this cake so I could bring it in to school. IN TO SCHOOL! Can you believe I've already started back? My first day was Aug 6 and the kids come the 16th. We've been in meetings all day, working in my classroom all evening, and lesson planning all night. It's been exhausting!



 But, at least there was cake :) A lemon cake with strawberry filling. Yum.



I linked up!
 The Mandatory Mooch
align="left">

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Brynn. I can't believe you've been back at school this long already. I bet that cake was a big hit with your faculty though. (But who's treating you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Hope you will link up again this week. The party just went live at http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html
    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete